LERN now recommends that 15% of your marketing budget and staff time be devoted to eMarketing, second only to your brochure and print promotion. That's why it's more important than ever to make sure you are using best practices in your eMarketing efforts.
Here are eight tips to ensure a successful eMarketing plan.
- Brochure/web mix – make sure your website's imagery and look are consistent with your print pieces. Also make sure your URL is on your brochure and your brochure picture and pdf are on your website.
- Create a memorable domain name – use a catchphrase.com/org. For example MainLineSchoolNight.org, WorldClassEducation.org, or ClassesforAll.com
- Design web descriptions that sell – make sure people can get to the course description in three clicks – and that the description is outcomes based and uses “you” language.
- Get listed with search engines – make sure you use a key word grader so that you use the verbiage that will get you listed on Google.
- eMail promotions – Do four emails for each promotion. Send them at 6, 4, 2, and 1 week before the event.
- Search optimization works – a higher Google ranking means higher revenue.
- Multimedia and interactive features enhance interest – when someone takes a poll, makes a comment, or watches a video, they are taking action and create a connection with your organization.
- Promote online registration – make sure every course description online links to a registration page.
If you're looking for more information and traing in eMarketing, consider LERN's eMarketing Institute this June in Cleveland. You will get the latest success techniques, the best long-term eMarketing strategies to employ, and practical, how-to information on what, when, where and how to conduct your eMarketing activities.
You'll also find out why should be utilizing inbound marketing techniques as part of your overall strategy. Inbound marketing is a way to help potential customers find you through organic search, as opposed to outbound marketing where push sales messages to your potential customers. For more information on inbound marketing, download our tip sheet today!