Contract training departments may offer a number of significant benefits over and above the income they generate.
These include the following:
- The addition of contract training services has the potential to improve the professional image of an institution.
- A well-run contract training department can create or enhance important business relationships in the community.
- Contract training programs may generate new opportunities for faculty or association professionals. Presenting in the corporate context can help to broaden experience, keep expertise up-to-date and provide refreshing new venues for teaching.
- In addition, contract training can provide opportunities to nurture business/education alliances which can increase the potential for donations or sharing of expertise, equipment or facilities.
- Finally, being in touch with business and industry can stimulate new ideas for curriculum development and create job placement opportunities for students, faculty and association members.
LERN's Contract Institute is now online! The next offering starts Sept. 10 and you have the opportunity to earn your Certified Contract Training (CTT) designation!