We're more than half way through January and the 2014 LERN Institutes, April 7-10 in New Orleans, are fast approaching.
If you're still considering which professional development opportunities to pursue this year, here are seven reasons you'll want to attend the LERN Institutes in New Orleans:
1. This intensive, four-day training allows you to receive one of five professional designations: Certified Marketing Planner, Certified Professional Programmer, Certified Program Planner, Certified Contract Trainer or Certified eMarketing Professional. These designations show you have completed the most in-depth professional training available, and that you have the skills and advanced knowledge to move a program forward.
2. You'll make beneficial connections with your fellow attendees and instructors. One of the best things about the LERN Institutes is that it draws people from across the U.S. and Canada, and the attendees and instructors bring with them a vast pool of experiences, ideas and best practices. Though you'll be out of the classroom, you'll still be learning during after-hours discussions.
3. You'll have the chance to have your brochure, website or any other aspect of your program critiqued by a member of the Institutes faculty. LERN's Institutes are led by the top experts in the field of lifelong learning and their insights, advice and tips are invaluable.
4. You can complete requirements for a Master's degree. By attending the Advanced Programming, Contract Training, Marketing, Operations and Staffing or Program Management Institute, you can receive credit from the University of South Dakota toward a Master's Degree in Educational Administration with an emphasis in Adult Education. The curriculum is offered by the University of South Dakota and LERN. University of South Dakota courses are taken online and students then attend two LERN Institutes, plus a third Institute or an online course.
5. You'll learn the new rules for success and find out how to segment and target your audiences. You'll be able to improve profit margins by using the LERN financial format, the industry standard for lifelong learning.
6. You will find solutions to your current challenges and know how to find answers to future problems. By discovering new processes and systems, you will be able to tackle every roadblock and find the best answers for your program.
7. You'll get ahead—and stay ahead—of the competition. Successful programs are those with the best-trained professional staff members, and you'll be one of them after completing a LERN Institute because you will have received the most comprehensive, intensive and sophisticated professional development available.
Don't wait to register. Attendance at the Institutes is limited. And, if you register by Feb. 1, you'll receive a discount of $100.